Okay, I must admit, I am obsessed with paper. I always have been. Printed paper, textured paper, especially old paper, book pages, maps, the list goes on and on... I distinctly remember trying to discreetly rip little pictures and pages out of library book as a kid because I just had to have that illustration, or phrase, or font (sorry Brownlee Woods Library). So, it is no surprise that I also have a love of wrapping paper, bows and present toppers, greeting cards, post cards and gift tags. Present giving season is quickly approaching and I am excited to host a mini crafting session just to create cute present toppers and gift tags. I came up with a list of 20 gift tags that I would love to create and am hosting a class to get into the holiday spirit and celebrate the gift of giving by creating these little beauties.
Here is a list of what we will be creating at the class:
Gift Embellishments/Present Toppers
- Classic accordion angel
- Star accordion with cropped corners
- Bow Tie
- Twirly Whirly (a Reclaimed Rose original)
- Traditional Gift Bow with a Modern Twist
- Pennant featuring the words "Holly Jolly"
- Multimedia Snowflake
- Natural Pine and Wood
- Felted Holly
- Paper Christmas Bulb Garland
- Teeny Statement Stamp Phrase on Luggage Tag (As Long as You Love Me So...)
- Large Stamp Words on Luggage Tag (Noel, Merry & Bright, Fa La La)
- Decoupage and Distressed Tags Using Printed and Vintage Images
Altogether we will be making a total of 20 tags! And believe me , these tags are ornament worthy! And the Christmas tree, by the way, is another way of displaying your handmade tags year after year.